This Auditing Standard applies to:
- an audit of a financial report for a financial year, or an audit or review of a financial report for a half-year, in accordance with the Corporations Act 2001 (Corporations Act);
- an audit or review of a financial report, or a complete set of financial statements, for any other purpose;
- an audit or review of other financial information;
- other assurance engagements;
- related services engagements; and
- a firm required to comply with ASQM 1.
Or ASQC 1, as applicable. Auditing Standard ASQM 1 Quality Management for Firms that Perform Audits or Reviews of Financial Reports and Other Financial Information, or Other Assurance or Related Services Engagements, issued in March 2021, replaces Auditing Standard ASQC 1 Quality Control for Firms that Perform Audits and Reviews of Financial Reports and Other Financial Information, Other Assurance Engagements and Related Services Engagements from 15 December 2022.