The assurance practitioner shall apply the mandatory components of AUASB Standards relevant to the engagement. The mandatory components are included in each AUASB Standard under the headings listed below:
The assurance practitioner shall have an understanding of the entire text of an AUASB Standard, including its application and other explanatory material, to understand its objectives and to apply the mandatory components of the standard properly. The explanatory material is included in each standard under the headings listed below (where applicable):
- Conformity with International Standards. (Ref: Para. A45-A49)
- Application. (Ref: Para. A28, A32).
- Introduction. (Ref: Para. A50)
- Application and Other Explanatory Material. (Ref: Para. A51-A53)
- Appendices. (Ref: Para. A54)
Explanatory material does not create or extend mandatory components.